Re: Don't swap your Alfas for Z3 M coupe

hi marc, you said:
>Doug, I'm going to differ with you. I've got a '98 M3.. although a shade
>slower than the Z3 coupe, I'd rather be driving my '74 GTV2000 (which I do
>almost daily ). Wheras a heavy foot on the M3 gets me into more trouble than
>I care to handle or can deal with legally it does so silently and
>efficiently. My GTV gets me there in twice the time but makes me feel like
>Tazio Nuvolari or Juan Fangio  running a close second in the Mille Miglia. In
>short, my Alfas are fun.. my M3 has no soul. The lease is up in about a
>year... I'm already looking for the perfect Milano Verde to replace it.

i hear that the z3 m-coup is a bit more 'unrefined' than the m3 sedan (more
soul?), but i hear what you're saying!  that's why i chose my milano werde back
in '92, over a bmw 535 - even if it WEREN'T half the price, i wooda bought the
werde - a LOT better sound & feel!  and besides, i'm not prepared to give up my
ENTIRE vehicle collection - including the scooters - to get yust one car!

btw, i doubt ANY car could get ANYWHERE  (short of a track) any faster than my
gtwe6!
:>)

ciao for now,

dug seed in

'72 de tomaso pantera
'78 ducati darmah
'86 alfa gtwe6 - shankle-ized 3.0 bastard
'88 alfa milano werde (also makes a great daily driver)
'92 alfa 164L
'95 buell s2