Re: Don't swap your Alfas for Z3 M coupe

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  i think the gtv6 is the best daily driver you
 can get - unless you can afford a bmw z3 m-coupe!

 good luck,

 dug seed in

 '72 de tomaso pantera
 '78 ducati darmah
 '86 alfa gtwe6 - shankle-ized 3.0 bastard
 '88 alfa milano werde (also makes a great daily driver)
 '92 alfa 164L
 '95 buell s2
 (all the above, + a couple $k, and i could get that z3 m-coupe!)

 ------------------------------ >>
Doug, I'm going to differ with you. I've got a '98 M3.. although a shade
slower than the Z3 coupe, I'd rather be driving my '74 GTV2000 (which I do
almost daily ). Wheras a heavy foot on the M3 gets me into more trouble than
I care to handle or can deal with legally it does so silently and
efficiently. My GTV gets me there in twice the time but makes me feel like
Tazio Nuvolari or Juan Fangio  running a close second in the Mille Miglia. In
short, my Alfas are fun.. my M3 has no soul. The lease is up in about a
year... I'm already looking for the perfect Milano Verde to replace it.

Marc Mosko
'74 GTV2000
'65 Spider Veloce
'98 M3