until we meet again ...

     Open Letter to the Digest

     I have been actively involved in the digest for the past two and half
     years and have met many interesting people "on-line". The Digest has
     been a cherished treasure for help with my restoration project and
     ultimately lead to my creation of the "'71-'74 spider register".
     Shortly, though, I will be signing off ... (well, kind of)

     I'm not quite sure how to verbally explain my departure so please bear
     with me here. In most respects, I suppose, I'm not unlike most people
     in that eventually you must face yourself and ask the BIG QUESTIONS of
     LIFE (I guess what you do with the answers is where the "challenges"
     begin).

     Stated in its simplest form, My wife and I will be "dropping out".
     (Yeah, like 60's dropping out) We have sold the house and a lot of our
     belongings and plan to do some extensive traveling. Before you all
     freak out, NO!, the Alfa project will not be sold. Just "moth balled"
     for a period of time. The plan is to take a 3-week tour of Europe,
     starting this Sunday. (backpacks, Eurorail and hostels). Then in June
     we board our recently acquired 25' RV and tour the USA (including
     Alaska) for at least 6 months (maybe longer, depending how the budget
     holds out).  We have made no plans beyond that, but we will need to
     rejoin society at some point in the future to provide the financial
     means to support our existence.  (But hopefully with a greater
     appreciation and zest for life)

     We will be taking a notebook computer on the USA leg to provide e-mail
     and web updating capabilities (I will post the URL as soon as it's
     established). Unlike those before me (AlfaBill), our trip will not be
     "Alfa" centric, so my contact with the Digest may be very limited.
     That said, I would certainly like to meet any fellow 'alfisti' along
     my travels.

     Most of our travels will be "outdoors" based. We will be camping,
     backpacking, mountain biking, etc. at most of the national parks and
     many state parks. We do have a few cities on our itinerary as well as
     some scenic drives. (Even hope to make the Monetary Historics in Aug.)
     I would like to encourage anyone to drop me a line about a favorite or
     interesting place to visit, eat, or just experience. (Be it outdoors,
     automotive, Alfa, or just plain "cool")

     I appreciate the bandwidth to express this Non-Alfa content. Anyone
     wishing to contact me can do so at my personal e-mail account -
     timlentz@domain.elided. (I'm trying to limit my exposure to the "company"
     email system until June, so please DO NOT respond to
     tim_lentz@domain.elided)

     Lastly, I wanted to say: Thank You! Richard Welty, for the Alfa Romeo
     Digest.

     'carpe diem'

     Tim Lentz
     Tampa, FL USA (for a short while longer)
     '74 spider project (headed for storage)
     Webmaster of the '71-'74 spider register (future existence in
     question) any takers?
     and ... proud supporter of the "Welty Fund"