advice for new Alfisti - gtwe6 as daily driver?

hi dennis,

i got my '86 gtwe6 about 4 years ago, had ~64k miles on it.  now, has 133k miles
on it.  i put a 3.0 motor in it at 125k, but not cuz there was anything wrong
w/the original!  (anyone want a decent 2.5 v6, w/updated tensioner, <5k miles on
hoh pump & t-belt?)  this car has been an excellent daily driver, that's been
driven hard (usually sees 6k rpms at least once, everytime it's started up),
been on the track, & generally enjoyed thoroughly.  if i dint have other
vehicular distractions, i'm sure the mileage would be even higher.  be sure you
replace the t-belt every 30k miles, not a bad idea to do the hoh pump while
you're there, otherwise it's a repeat of the labor.  only 'problem' area i've
had (includes my milano, also) is the propensity for these cars to use up wheel
bearings.  not a big deal, tho.  i think the gtv6 is the best daily driver you
can get - unless you can afford a bmw z3 m-coupe!

good luck,

dug seed in

'72 de tomaso pantera
'78 ducati darmah
'86 alfa gtwe6 - shankle-ized 3.0 bastard
'88 alfa milano werde (also makes a great daily driver)
'92 alfa 164L
'95 buell s2
(all the above, + a couple $k, and i could get that z3 m-coupe!)