Toe setting & Tyre wear

Chris wrote (Chris Piepers, that is) :

> Camber and tyre wear:
>  Now this is an interesting one: If your tyres wear on one side,
>  it's usually wrong toe setting....... incorrect camber won't wear
>  your tires like incorrect toe will.

Ah, interesting.  I have often wondered about this.=20
Now, to help in the diagnosis if we have a tyre wear problem, I wonder =
which side of the tyre will wear?  If too much toe-in, I suppose the =
outside will wear ; and if too much toe-out I expect  the inside will =
wear.   Is this correct please?  =20
And is the answer always  the same, or can the effect of the wrong toe =
setting depend on how much caster or camber is present?=20

Regards,
Graham H,
New Zealand.
(Alfasuds, GTV, Alfetta GT)