Re: Whistling DellOrtos

Matthew Killick had asked

> The carburettors on my engine (DellOrtos on a Giulia 1750 TI) emit a
> curious whistling sound.  This occurs at idle, or on trailing throttle, and
> only when the motor is fully warmed up.

Well, Dell Ortos are famous for whistling when the choke is engaged.
Mine did this from new, and otherwise work fine, but something about
the enrichment circuit really whistles loudly.  I can't explain why
your car would only do it when warmed up, or just on trailing
throttle, but you might check whether the choke is stuck on.  It's
possible that you don't hear it when you're on the throttle, simply
because wind/mechanical noises mask it.

Jay Mackro