alfa-digest V7 #688.....hummmmm

Well, the Webers are now on my Velocissima.....The AR Ricambi kit was fairly
complete (except for adapter to manifold gaskets) and is a great retrofit.
One problem though; one carb has a sticky throat. I noticed this when I
unpacked one of the 40 DCOE`s and should have removed the butterfly and did
some sanding and deburring on the `flys but I was excited and looked over
this as something that would fix itself. WRONG: can`t get the idle right and
if the throttle is moved, it either hangs up at 3000 or 5000 RPM (oooo it
sounds so sweet though!!!) I am also thinking of changing the throttle
linkage since it appears that the angle and action of the connecting rod may
or may not bind, plastic breakage, or just disconnect itself at the most
inopportune moment (like getting out of the way of a truck) Anyway, I am glad
that the SPICA is in a box in storage awaiting me to rebuild the thing if it
seems that driving with carbs become an everyday nightmare.
	I guess my next step is to pull the carbs off and fix the one that
sticks....too bad the factory in Spain did not do some QA and fix it ...or AR
noticing it sticking, but nothing is perfect.....next weekend it will be
screaming like an ALFA should....

Later
									Allen
Williams
90 Pontiac Bonneville ( reli-o-wagon)
88 BMW 528e ( reborn as Talon and Probe eater)
79 Velocissma (Getting better all the time)