Re:alfa-digest V7 #688.....hummmmm

Oddioengine mentions his new 40mm webers with a sticky throat...

I too encountered this with a new set of webers. One of the throttle plates
was catching on the throat. I was able to loosen the screws that hold the
plate to the shaft and align the plate. No modifications to the plate were
actually necessary and I made the correction before mounting the carbs.
Another thing I encountered was that the bracket that ties the two shafts
together had to be bent in order to synchronize the carbs. These two things
together made be question the quality of the DCOEs coming out of Spain.
Anyway, they're running fine now.

Phil Williams
3 spiders and a platinum