re: electromotive

>My friends are running SDS programmable injection system instead.

>1. Cheaper
>2. No Software to License
>3. Do not need a laptop.
>4. NO AFM - uses map sensor instead, thus less restriction in the
>intake.

Thanks for the response Kelly, but I was actually referring to
Electromotive's distributorless ignition system, not their fuel injection
system.  Unfortunately SDS doesn't offer just the ignition setup and since I
have opted to run 45DCOEs, I don't need the injection capability.  BTW  The
HPV-1 is very similar to the SDS system in that it doesn't require a laptop,
rather it has one rotary control to set the soft rev limiter and three
rotary adjustments that allow you to set the advance at various points in
the curve (up to 1000 RPM, from 1000 up to 3000 RPM and over 3000 RPM).
Electromotive does offer a laptop programmable ignition (HPV-3B), but I
think that is probably overkill for my normally aspirated engine.

Thanks,
John
Seattle, WA
'69 GTV