RE:Difference in tires

Steve McRoberts wrote to inquire regarding P4000's and squealing.  Well,
I've got a 164 that I took to our AROO February track day.  With
P4000's.  They howled better than the car chase in Bullit.  They had
35lbs pressure, and we checked the sidewalls, noting no rolling over.
We surmised that as the ones I have are "H" rated, that the rubber
compound is not too suited to really spirited driving.  Also note that
the major squealing occurred on the concrete "traction strips" put in
place for the CART cars, and at the concrete chicane at the end of the
front straight.  I suppose "V" rated would not be as bad in the P4000,
but haven't heard.  Anyway, car still drives great, even with the H
rated.  They'll wear out soon enough.  Hope this helps!  Karl