Difference in tires

I just replaced my 84 Spider Veloce original tires. The original were
Michelin 185/70 HR 14 as described in the manual. None of my local tire
dealers had the equivalent tire. NTB (the old Tire America) suggested
Pirelli P4000 195/65. I liked the guy's attitude so I bought them. Now I
don't know if I should keep them or trade for a different tire. (I
discovered this group too late to ask before purchasing.) The first thing I
noticed was a "smoother" ride over the bumpy roads. However, now when I turn
corners the tires "squeal". The P4000 was supposed to be a stiff tire. Maybe
the old ones were too hard from age. I don't understand the science of tires
and wonder what the group can advise.

Thanks,
Steve McRoberts
1984 Spider Veloce