Re: Hot V-6s not starting

This is probably unrelated but maybe food for thought. I have
occasional trouble starting my GTV6 when both the following are true:
a) it has been run hard, then parked for a brief period, and b) the
battery charge is low.

I've decided that the cause is compression -- one or more cylinders
heading into their compression stroke provide too much resistance for
the weakened starter to push. This sounds ridiculous, I know, but this
is my proof...

The car will usually start without trouble if I put it in gear
(preferably 4th) and push it far enough to turn the engine a rev or
so. Or, to avoid this altogether, I charge the battery overnight every
week or so.

My occasional problem can probably be fixed by cleaning all contacts
and connectors relating to the charging circuit (battery, alternator,
and junctions in the long run from the trunk-mounted battery to the
engine bay.) I WILL do this at some point when time allows...but until
then, I'll call it 'personality' --  sorry, Mr. D! -- and enjoy the
inquisitive looks from bystanders.

Granted, this technique won't be of any help to automatic
owners...unless you carry a 36 mm wrench to turn the main pulley. (It
is 36, isn't it?)

Loving every driving minute,

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL (will be Atlanta, GA mid-June)