Re: Hail Damage

In a message dated 4/27/99 1:51:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: Milanogold@domain.elided
 Subject: hail damaged car/paintless dent removal advice needed

 Greetings Alfisti!
       Anyone have experience with hail damaged cars? >>
Had heavy hail damage while still living in Texas (baseball to grapefruit
size) and the bodyshop replaced the hood, trunk, and roof.  Paintless dent
repair was fairly common there, and I visited a shop to check out their work.
 The old guy was a real artist and had a backlog of about 6 months!  My
insurance company warned me that the results depend 100% on the skill of the
technician, and even then should be done only on minor dents, as they had
found that often the sheet metal was stretched and still a little wavy if the
dent was "big".  Your hail damage would probably fall into that range.  I'd
advise visiting the shop and checking out their work.

							Bill