driveshaft alignment

Thanks to all who sent info my way about driveshaft alignment and balancing.
My theory is correct that the yokes of a driveshaft must be on the same
plane in order for things to rotate/oscillate correctly.

Also, I was told there were two arrows which when aimed at each other will
align the male and female splines.  I saw at least two "out of car"
driveshafts and no arrows existed.  I finally had a chance to look at mine
and guess what... two arrows that look like this...

were indeed there and when the respective parts were connected, the yokes
were on the same plane.  Mystery solved.

Thanks again...

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio
AONE and AROC Member