New Owner - Broken Door Lock

Well, I'm an elated new owner of an 89 spider.  The car has
26K miles, is in beautiful shape, and runs perfectly.
However, the PO obviously didn't use it very much, which may
or may not be relevant to my problem:  the driver side key
lock was very stiff when I first received the car.  it
gradually loosened up with use, then finally broke.  I can
now turn the key all the way around with no resistance.  The
inside lock still works fine, but I can no longer lock the
driver side door from outside.  First of all, how do the
door locks in this car work?  How hard is it to get into
them to fix this without hurting anything?  And, how much
time & money will it take to fix it? TIA.

Cheers,
Shawn McGinness
shawn@domain.elided