Driveshaft balancing and alignment

I am in the process of changing my pinion seal in my 1987 Alfa Spider.
Prior to removing the bolts, I made two significant marks to realign the two
rear flanges back together at the differential.  Then I unbolted the rear
flange.  I was trying to find a method of making the same two style marks on
the rear driveshaft and the other flange so the spline can be realigned.  I
could not find a secure method and decided not to remove it and just clean
around it.  Well I "thought" the spline was less slippery than it was.  It
slid right out and into my hands.

Great, I said...  Now the $1,000,000 question.  How do I realign this back
together?  I know the shaft is balanced and I have not had any problems with
it; also the universals are fine and I will not be changing them.  Looking
in the books I see that the front universal yoke of the rear shaft should by
aligned in the same manner as the yoke of the universal on the rear of the
rear section of the shaft.  In other words, they should be parallel with
each other making the front flange yoke and the differential yoke aligned
also in the same manner; 90 degrees to the other yokes.

If this is not correct, is there an easy fix?  Does the rear shaft need to
be removed and rebalanced?  If so, I live in Massachusetts, who can balance
such a shaft?  Cost estimates?

Any and all information would be gratefully appreciated.

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio
AONE and AROC Member
Home- r-mrand@domain.elided