Alfa's from beyond

Jhertzman wrote "the South African Alfas very definitely included a
small number of carburated three-liter GTV-6s."

I never knew the V-6 used anything but fuel-injection. As a carb'd
model did it use down-draft units sitting between the V? Did Alfa ever
set the engine up this way and if they did is there a part number for
the manifold? (I'm having visions of 'muscle-car' style protrusions
through that hole in my GTV6's hood...perhaps some chromed
down-pipes.)

Just kidding about conversion for my GTV6! But having a spare engine
and some ideas for possible projects, I would like to know.

Thanks,

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL (soon to be Atlanta, GA)
1983 GTV6
1982 GTV6 parts car