re: Trunk/Gas release - Spider

Huh?  Barry asks about problems with the plastic trunk and gas release
mounting bracket on his spider.  I don't really even see an obvious
vulnerability to it.  How has it broken?  Is it perhaps being over
stressed by excess friction in the cable(s) or at the release
mechanism(s)?  I've had to replace both of those cables, but never had a
problem with the part he mentions.  I don't recall ever seeing a thread
about this part, over the two or three years that I've followed this
digest,,,

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega"
Venice, CA