Re: GTV/6-116 Replacement Panels

On Apr 21,  2:26pm, ebelmont@domain.elided wrote:

>      I am in need of replacement panels for a GTV/6-116. Does any one have
any
> leads?

Do you mean for a GTV-6, or an Alfetta?  I believe the model code for the GTV-6
is 119.69.  Some of the 116 series Alfettas were referred to as GTV's I think,
but for the V6 Alfa moved to 119 series.

Either way, good luck finding any new body panels.  The Alfetta and GTV-6 have
similar bodyshells, but I don't know how many of the panels are interchangable.
 My AR Ricambi catalog shows a number of patch panels for the GTV-6, but when I
called them they said most of the numbers no longer come up on the computer.
 Apparently Alfa is no longer supplying many of the GTV-6 panels.  The
exceptions seemed to be the fenders, one of which AR Ricambi actually had in
stock (rear, about $450 - ouch!).  Calls to other vendors confirmed the
situation, with responses on the order of "dream on!" and "good luck".

I talked to Bill at Mastro Subaru/Alfa, who was very helpful and said if I was
commited to buying panels he could try to track some down.  However, he
understandably does not have time to do this unless you are serious.  He
recommended a better bet would be to call an Alfa junkyard and have them cut a
panel off a sound car in their yard.  He also suggested if you find the panel
you want, buy it, because you may not get another chance.  If Alfa is no longer
supporting the GTV-6, maybe some aftermarket companies will step up to the
plate.  However, given the relatively low volume built (some 22,381, courtesy
of Mr. Hertzman), and the still smaller number surviving, I wouldn't pin your
hopes on it.

Good luck,

Dave J.
1982 GTV-6 (to be patched the homemade way)

- --