Aftermarket Springs for 164S

I have a 92 164S with a full set of new OEM electronically adjustable shocks
(bless the previous owner) and the original springs, which have 96K miles on
them. I'm putting a set of 17 x 7.5" wheels with 215/45/17 tires on the car
and it's a good opportunity to replace the springs. I know Eibach makes a
set of Pro Kit street springs for the 164S that lower the car 1.25" all
around. I want a bit of a firmer ride, but I'm concerned that lowering the
car at all is going to make every driveway a real challenge. Does anyone on
the digest have experience with after market street springs for a 164S with
larger than stock wheels? All opinions welcome.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
Mill Valley CA