GTV rear axle spitting oil

The rear axle on my 74 2000 GTV consistently spits and dribbles a small
amount of oil out the breather tube.  My other 105/115 cars haven't done
this.  Is this because the axle is too full of oil, and it will spit it out
until the proper level is reached?  Or is something else going on that I
should be more worried about?  The axle seems to otherwise work fine, though
it has a bit of a whiny period at about 65 mph; outer bearings and seals are
new, for what that's worth.

Andrew Watry
Berkeley, CA
67 Giulia Super