revving alfas

hi bill, you said:
>...I prefer shifting my Alfetta at 4500
>rpm for normal shifts, and my Giulietta at 5000 rpm. The Milano Verde I shift
>about 3500 rpm because it is a different kind of engine (more low end torque).
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
?!?  you don't know what fun you're missing!  our 164L, milano 3.0, *and* gtv6
3.0 NEVER fail to see the far side of 5000 rpms, EVERY time they're run.  (NOT
on every shift, tho, i admit.)  THEY love it, *I* love it the WIFE loves it, the
KIDS love it!!!  only problem, is all the fun stops after 2nd gear, w/o arousing
the ire of the local constabulary!  :>)

ciao for now, & give that poor werde a good italian tune-up!

dug seed in

'72 de tomaso pantera (happy BELOW 5k rpms!)
'78 ducati darmah
'86 alfa gtwe6 shankle-ized 3.0 bastard
'88 alfa milano werde
'92 alfa 164L