GTV Seat Selection

Sorry to bring the GTV seat thread up again so soon, but I need new seats for
my 71 GTV.  For the past couple months, I've been looking at a lot of seats
in various cars and on ebay to replace the Spider seats in my GTV.  The DPO
must have been very tall, because I can barely see over the steering wheel
with these seats.  They also have little to no support.

I can get Corbeau sport seats with mounting brackets for the car for around
$700, or I can buy old GTV seats and have them recovered with more lumbar
support for a little less than this.  Alternatively, I can get some seats
from another car.  For a lot less money, I can make my own adaptor brackets
and have good seats.  Unfortunately, this is proving difficult.  Not many
modern cars have plain black seats unless they're leather, but these are
unobtainium.

I'm concerned with an original appearance, but more importantly, I want a car
I can take on a long trip in relative comfort (barring road, engine, and wind
noise).  Thanks in advance.

Lawrence Gowin
Network Engineering
Level 3 Communications