Help needed in SW US

As some of you might know, Ben Dixon is on "holiday" here in the
western US, traveling around in my '74 Berlina.  It appears things are
going fairly well, but you wouldn't expect a trip like that to be
without some sort of problem.  After all, you need a couple stories to
tell when you get back!  Anyway, he has a broken speedo cable, and he
writes the following:

     bd> we are currently in flagstaff, Arizona, en route to Santa Fe.
     bd> Problem #1.  Broken Speedometer cable.  not a huge problem,
     bd> since I can guess our speed pretty well, but if you could
     bd> find out for me if there are any places (eg: santa fe, or
     bd> maybe Denver, or Boulder) that I could get a replacement,
     bd> thatd be cool.

The only way I have to contact him is through the following email
address: dioxin@domain.elided.  So if you have any suggestions it would
probably be best to send them to that address.  He's not currently
reading the digest.

(In case you're wondering, there is a problem #2 which is a mystery
short somewhere in the fuel gauge/temp gauge circuit.  But that sounds
like it's under control...)

Thanks much!
Marc Alley
Palo Alto