Re: Alfa theft inhibition

>The Whitney catalog is easy to ignore as a potential source, as much of the
>merchandise offered is a monument to period kitsch, (illuminated "El Toro the
>Bull" hood ornaments, etc) but in the early days it also stocked bearings,
>rings, gaskets, starters, roofs and other parts for Alfas (and Borgwards,
>Panhards, etc) long before there were places like Milanese FAP (of New
>Jersey, now International Auto Parts in Virginia) or Alfa Ricambi. It is
>still a useful source for many generic parts- fuel pressure regulators, oil
>pan heaters, polyurethane bushings, glass channels, fuzzy dice- but no
>Alfa-specific merchandise.

Among other trivia--Whitney used to sell the EXACT Bendix fuel pump for
$17.95--and I mean with the SAME Bendix part # stamped on the mounting
bracket--to fit 750 and 101 Veloces that Alfa Dealers were happy to sell
you for $95!!! Whitney did not know it was an Alfa part, but---some of us
did!

Regards, Greg