Alfa shifting

I just had an opportunity to be an instructor at a local P*rsche driver's
day at Seattle Int'l Raceway.  I had an opportunity to drive some early
911's (1972, 1979).  The event was a lot of fun and very well managed.

While I enjoyed the cars very much I'll pass on this observation.  I think
most early 911 owners would be envious of the how our 750/101/105/115 cars
shift!!  It's hard to beat our direct linkage to the gearbox, some of the
early 911's, especially during hard braking, were having a devil of a time
finding the right gear, surprising!  But they *do* haul ass, fairly
effortlessly  :)

Steve S.
NWARC
Seattle, WA