Spider door panel question.

Greetings fellow Alfisti,

I am replacing the interior door panels on my 86 Spider .  I will be
making a new backing (eliminating the pocket ) and then covering it in
vinyl .

What is the preffered backing ?  Masonite or pressboard like original ,
or plywood
( perhaps 1/8"mahogany door skin)

Are there any readily available sources of vinyl to match the grain in
the bolster?

Thanks

Don Coulter
San Leandro Ca

Small Alfa
Large Truck
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]