Maserati 430 vs. Milano 3.0

Hi People,

    Just had a friendly test of speed with another italian brio, a white Maserati
430. Looks nice. I've always liked Maseratis because they make wonderful looking
square cars. At one point when I was trying to make my way through light traffic,
I noticed the Maser started to follow me. So once the road cleared up, I just
jammed my foot to the floor in fourth. My car is a little quicker than the Verde
given its  4:10 final drive ratio and somewhat high torque (200b/ft on the dyno).
I hit 110 mph but the guy was still behind me. He didn't catch up to me but
maintained his distance. I suspect given enough road he would have blown my doors
off.
    What is a 430? I tried to find some info on it. Is it a 2.8L SOHC 3 -valve
biturbo engine? Does it use the same engine as the 228? Hey Keith don't you have
a 228 besides your Alfa 33 Permanent 4? I think it has around 215 bhp and about
30% more torque than I have. In any case, it was pretty cool.

Zamani

dreaming of a Maserati Ghibli Open Cup.