Re: Mille miglia 1999

Chris <chris@domain.elided> writes:
> The "Mille miglia 1999" is from Thursday may 6th thru Saturday May 8th.

 of it!

> Now's the time for decisions . . .
> Do you wanna drive with them? Or do you want to see the start?
>

> 2nd case: I don't know, never did it :)

A few years ago, I was in Nice on business around the start of the MM. A co-worker and
I decided to drive to Brecia to see the start of the "race". I was well worth it! Free to
roam around the hundreds of cars out of the past...all in their running glory. The start
is truely dramatic. The cars drive up on the pedistal, get announced and then roar
off through the walls of cheering people. This process takes hours so you are free to
take several views - before the start where the crews are preping the cars, at the ramp
and in the crowd.

We didn't have any trouble driving into Brecia, parking along the street and finding a
small cafe for dinner. We parked a ways away from the starting place, so the only problem
was finding someone to ask directions. It seemed that everyone was at the event...

We drove back to Nice after the end...ariving at about 4am. Exhausted, but with lots
of memories.

Colin.