164 temp

Yep, as Jay Reddy indicates, our (Petei's, -the wife's) `91 164S -with
only 70k miles on it- also runs at about 235 degrees F in the Texas
summer heat. So far no damage has surfaced from this. Unlike our (MY!)
GTV6, you know the one with almost 358k miles on it, which has always
run around 175 degrees F (or less), the 164 runs much hotter. I feel
this is due to the transversely mounted engine right up to the
firewall.

If it bothers you have it (or do it yourself) rewired to have the fan
come on at the high speed in all applications.

Jay, welcome back to the Texas Hill Country AROC!!

Beth, why don't you get your own e-mail address (or alias) and you
won't have all those sexy Alfa e-mails coming to your hubby. Welcome
to the AD. The AD needs more of that feminine input, right guys?

`nardo
b:d+z
Alpine, Brewster County, Texas USA
   Animated global position (~2:30 load @ 28.8):