GTV6 Production Numbers?

Mr. Hertzman's recent posting regarding Paul Frere's R&T article on the Alfa
156 included some production numbers of V6 engined cars in comparison to
4-cylinder models available in other markets.  This, and other past posts with
mention of GTV6 production numbers, has sparked my curiosity.  According to Mr.
Hertzman, the total number of V6 cars produced in all markets is around 32,000.
 He also mentions "9,000 or so Milanos", thus I conclude that fewer than 23,000
of these could be GTV6's.  I presume that I would also need to subtract the
number of V6 75's sold in the rest of the world. The production totals for the
Alfa 6 and Alfa 90, I gather, are not included in the 32,000 figure.

What I would like to know is what the production totals look like for the GTV6
alone, both in the USA and beyond.  Preferably on a yearly basis, if the
information is available in that format.  I realise this is not a Detroit car,
for which I could easily establish the exact number of cars which share the
same paint color, interior, and other myriad options.  However, I would
appreciate whatever details are available.  Mr. Hertzman?  Anybody?

This is probably obvious as an attempt to convince myself (and my close
acquaintances) that I own a rare car which may someday be a valuable classic.
 Well, it may be somewhat rare, but I think it will be quite some time before
it will be worth the kind of investment I am planning for it's restoration, if
ever.  Still, I am inclined to keep the car as original as possible, despite
the fact that it would probably be easier to amalgamate it with another car I
have been offered.  I guess I will just have to acknowledge that I'm doing it
that way because that is what I want to do, not because it is sensible <sigh>.

Many thanks,

Dave J.
1982 GTV6 (all original, and spread all over the garage)

- --

End of alfa-digest V7 #645