Spider, Door Locks and exploding stuff with springs in.

In message , Tim_Lentz@domain.elided writes

>     One word of caution, when you pull the cylinder out from the handle,
>     BE VERY CAREFUL, the cylinder holds SPRING LOADED shims that will POP
>     OUT(explode)! If this happens and if you happen to be lucky enough to
>     find the shims and little, tiny, springs you will need to get them
>     back in the correct slots for the key to operate the cylinder. (I
>     wrapped tape around the cylinder as soon as I extracted them)
My dad showed me a trick which involves putting whatever you need to
take apart and your hand in a clear plastic bag. You tape the bag to
your wrist then take it apart. Any ballistics are caught in the bag.
He showed me this for a gearbox he got me as a toy, the bag worked but
we didn't know where the little balls had come from so the gearbox never
got put back together.
For those who flame, this was not an Alfa box, it was found in a skip
behind a rebuild place by my dad's friend, who thought I might like to
play with it.
- --
jonathan coates