Locking Spiders

Back in the olden days the keynote speaker at an AROC national
convention in SoCal, a local judge and Alfa owner,  told the following
story:

Once upon a time he had a professional car thief up in front of him for
sentencing.  Looking over the thief's rap sheet of numerous pages
detailing thefts of almost every car made the judge noted that the
miscreant had never been charged with stealing an Alfa.  Asked why he
had never stolen an Alfa the thief replied "ya can't get-um started".

I don't lock my '69 1750 Spider Veloce (looks like a Duetto) partly
because of the above story and had it gone through once.  Nothing was
taken.  Kind of depressing to find out that nothing in your trusty Alfa
is of any value to a thief.

Dave Mericle
Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES