Re: addenda on final drive gear ratios

Thanks, John! This implies to me that the rear drive gearing on the US
cars was retained at 4.56:1 through the '70s to make up for the fact that
they didn't have quite the power of the euro spec cars. Jaguar did a
similar thing with the E-Type in '68: they lowered the final drive ratio
and gears 1,2,3 to retain the acceleration even though they lost 30hp with
the emissions carburetor setup.

I don't have the Brooklands collations; I suspect I should pick them up
for my library.

Despite the great similarity between Spiders from '69 onwards, it's
amazing to me how much equipment actually did change over the years.

Godfrey