Re: Spider locks?

Locking the doors is a good deterrent to a lot of kids who might enter a
car parked for the day in a public lot. The kind of kids I'm thinking
about are not necessarily entering the car because they want to steal
something but because they are curious ... if a door is open, they will
hop in because the car is cool.

I usually don't lock my car either, I usually leave the top down and
stick anything valuable into the trunk and lock that. But if I'm going to
be away from it for a while and I'm leaving it in a public lot, or if I'm
going to be leaving it for a while in my parking garage while I'm
traveling, I do lock it. After all, a torn or slit top is covered by my
comprehensive insurance. It's a pain but not a big financial burden, and
locking the doors does keep a lot of would-be thieves moving to the next,
easier target.

Godfrey