Re: Final gear ratios

>For US spec 105, 115 models, does someone know what years had 4.56
>and which years had 4.11? Also i've read that all 2l cars have lsd
>from the factory, does that include the post 1981 Bosch cars (with
>4.11?)?

According to the best info I can find, all US delivery 105/115 Spiders
from '69 to '81 (1750 and 2000 engines) had the 4.56:1 gearing, and all
'82 and later cars had 4.11:1 gearing. The changeover point seems to have
been the introduction of the Bosch L-Jet engine in '82. Some of the
european road tests in my Spider road test collections seem to indicate
that the standard european delivery cars were fitted with the taller
rear, but it's not entirely clear whether the 1750s were or whether it
was only the 2000s.

With regard to limited-slip differential, all US delivery Spider 2000s
had it. I think someone mentioned that the GTV 2000s and Berlina 2000s
were also fitted with LSD, and some of the tipo 116 cars as well.

Godfrey