Re: alfa-digest V7 #639 - Alfa Top Boots

In a message dated 4/14/99 10:40:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:07:45 -0300
 From: "Paul" <compubbs@domain.elided>
 Subject: Top boot cover - which one?

 Hi!

 I'm in the market for a top boot cover (nicely cover the convertible top
 when it's down) for an '87 Spider Veloce.  I didn't have a cover when I
 bought the car, so I'm not too sure what I need, and now after calling 3
 suppliers, I'm now more confused then ever.

 Prices range from US$129 to US$475.  The cheap one has twelve clips that go
 all around the cover, while the expensive one has only two big clips.
 Everyone says theirs will fit, but the "expensive" supplier seemed the most
 knowledgeable... but I need an unbiased opinion on this - do I really need
 to dish out the big bucks?

 ..Paul

	Alfa made two top boots.  The one with multiple clips came first.
The expensive one with hard plastic on both sides is nicer and covers most of
the space behind the seats.  It keeps things from blowing out of the back.
Both are subject to breakage of plastic parts.
	My 87 Graduate had the cheaper one.  My 87 Spider Veloce has the
better one.  So either would be correct for your 87.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City