Andiamo Mille Miglia in Italia

In just about a week I leave for Italy, with the high point of the trip
attending the Mille Miglia.  All the usual Alfa-centric stops are planned.
Anyone wishing to share personal or arcane must-sees, please e-mail me off
list (or share with the forum if G-rated).

One leg of the trip is scheduled to be a run from Sorrento to Tuscany on the
A2/A1 Autostrada in a 156! (if Hertz comes through with one).  Can anyone try
to guess what kind of delays (heavy traffic congestion, construction,
volcanic eruptions, unexpected national holidays, highwaymen, etc.) I might
expect to run into on a Thursday?

Can I expect to find anyone selling benzina on 1 May?

Mille grazie, tutti amici!

Charlie
ARO Southern California, USA
84 GTV6 (rosso)