LCD's

In a-dv7#637, Eric H. said:

"If you're feeling brave and wish to save the $2300, you
could try disassembling the failed unit and cleaning the contact area
with Windex and a Q-tip. Alignment is fairly crucial in assembly,
don't stretch the 'rubber' conductor or compress it unless that's the
only way to get it back together and be sure it's straight."

This might be an excellent place to try Stabilant-22 (remember all that
discussion from last year?). As I recall, the data sheet with this product
claims that it enhances conductivity when used between conductors and
insulation value when used on insulators. The striped rubber (known as a
"Zebra strip") is actually made of alternating bands of carbon-impregnated
and non-impregnated silicone rubber.

I believe Stabilant-22 is intended mainly for "dry-circuit" connections -
ones which carry very little current - and we're talking microamps or less
here.

Bob McKeown
Nashville, TN