Milano "Alfa Romeo Control Unit"

I am on a mission to fix all of the problems causing the warning lamps on
Alfa Romeo Control Unit (ARC) to be lit. The remaining items are STOP LIGHT
and BRAKE warning lights. Both lights shut off only when the brake pedal is
depressed. The manual indicates that if there is a problem with the stop
light bulbs it will also trigger the BRAKE warning lamp. Since the brake
pads are new (sensor contacts clean) and the reservoir full, I am assuming
that there is a problem with the stop light circuitry. All of the bulbs are
in working condition and I cleaned and scraped the contacts. Resistances of
the bulbs are approximately 1 Ohm measured at the ARC terminals. The bulbs
are not ALFA bulbs. Is there something special about ALFA stop light bulbs?
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.