re: '72 Spider fuel sender needed

>Any thoughts on where to obtain a new / good used fuel level sender for a
>'72 Spider?  I've tried about every known outlet I can think of
>(resale/ret= ail/dealers/used parts dismantlers)  - the "ususally" named
>ones as well.

I cannot be entirely certain, but I think that all the sending units for
Spiders up to 1982 will work in the '72 model. The fuel tanks interchange
without modification, at least between '82 and '78, even though they have
different part numbers. The gauges are identical (well, the bezel is black
on the '82 and possibly the '81), no reason the sender should be different
that I can think of.

Godfrey