164 Overheating Problems

My 164S was exhibiting the oft-referred to problem of staying at 175 degrees
at highway speeds, then quickly moving up to 220-230 in city traffic. I too
tried replacing the thermostat, water pump, temp sensor, fan relays and
having the radiator dipped and system flushed. The problem remained the
same. What worked for me was to get the Tom Zat adjustable fan switch (which
I set to come on at 165 degrees), his 165 degree thermostat, and huge 14"
high speed fan. Problem solved. No financial interest, etc. Just a satisfied
customer.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
Mill Valley CA