Re: Need Help with a TI Rear Axle

I don't know which "manual" you are using but the figure appears to me wrong.

In the Giulia Ti "technical characteristics and principal inspection
specifications" manual the following details are given:

DISTANCE OF REAR AXLE FROM RUBBER BUFFERS
	C = 36 +/- 5 mm (1.42 +/- .2")

Note - To adjust, remove the seat "3" and add shims in "2" as shown.
	Shims are available in the following ticknesses (sic)
							6.5 mm
							11.5 mm
							16.5 mm
							21.5 mm

(end of quote).
The "2" and  "3" are self explanatory if you've already done this job. My
suggestion is to check that the spring is located correctly in the relieved
parts top and bottom. Its difficult to see what else could be affecting the
ride height so much. I have heard that some shocks when they're new, jack
up the suspension quite a bit which settles once the shocks have "bedded in".

Your main problem is that you are making these measurements on a car which
is only partially loaded. With the engine and gearbox out the measurements
are bound to be way off.

General readership may be interested to note that the "C" dimension for the
1600 Giulia Sprint GT is 15 mm, but for the 1750 GT Veloce its a whopping
41 mm.

Les - looking for an interesting 4-door Alfa ..... (Alfasuds and 33s not
wanted)