'72 Spider fuel sender needed

HELP -

Any thoughts on where to obtain a new / good used fuel level sender for a =
'72 Spider?  I've tried about every known outlet I can think of (resale/ret=
ail/dealers/used parts dismantlers)  - the "ususally" named ones as well.

This weekend, my NOS fuel level sender decided to unravel and break the =
small the wires inside the body of the sender unit (the rheostat portion). =
=20

Therefore, I'm in search of a new or used fuel level sender for a '72-74 =
Spider/GTV.   I tried the source I obtained my NOS from - they're on =
backorder now, no date in sight. =20

Any thoughts on compatibility of "later" year senders, and how to adapt =
them?  I've seen where later year's are available, but have fuel feed =
lines, etc.

All assistance appreciated!  Karl Maxon