roll pins and oil pressure

This topic comes up every once in awhile, about the restrictive properties
of those roll pins we tap into the oil passages. My opinion is that they
have no effect on oil pressure. If you measure the inside diameter of one of
those roll pins and compare it to the cam journal clearance it's something
like 100 times greater so it would seem to me that the flow rate and
pressure are governed by the restriction at the cam bearing.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided