clutch master/slave rebuilding

Hello All,
	I am in the process of rebuilding the clutch master and slave
cylinders on an '83 GTV6 and have run into a problem that I am hoping
someone can help me with. I took the master cylinder apart, cleaned it and
was about to replace the seals when I noticed that the kit I bought from
the dealer seemed to have an extra part. The master is made by Benditalia
and I got the right kit, I just don't know where the extra piece is
supposed to go. The kit has the usu. accordion boot, the two seals that go
on the piston, and then this rubber piece shaped kind of like a mushroom
with a hole through it. Is this some kind of generic kit? Anyone have a
nice exploded diagram they could check?
	The second problem is one with the slave cylinder. I was trying to
remove the old seal and decided that cutting it with a knife would be the
easiest way. I should have taked a more thurough look at the parts in the
rebuild kit first because in my cutting enthusiasm I sliced through a thin
plastic ring that one end of the seal is supposed to tuck under. Anyone
know how essential that part is? Will the slave leak like a sieve without
it?

thanks,
- -Obie
'78  SV