Re: Driving/Fog Lights

>OK, I looked at the lights on my GTV6 front bumper, and they both say Bosch
>across the middle.  Still not sure if they are fogs or driving lights, is
>there
>an easy way to tell the difference without turning them on? (My car is
>completely stripped right now).  They look more like the driving lights than
>the fog lights I have seen for sale.

I have Bosch fog lights on my '84 GTV-6.  I believe they were a
dealer-installed option.  My understanding was that fog lights on '80-s era
passenger cars were generally more of an accessory than a real performance
benefit.  Fog light lenses are opaque, whereas real bona-fide driving
lights have clear lenses (i.e. you can see the bulb and the reflector), a
much higher power output, and are supposedly illegal for highway use.

Chris Robyn
Berkeley, CA
'84 GTV-6
'91 168