Re: engine roll- or dowel pins

My vote is in favor of the Chevy valve stem seals. These square cross
section O-rings do not collapse. The others do. They either acquire a
dimple in one side that lets them intrude into the oil passage, or they
twist up into a figure-8. The square ones just work. I've never used
roll pins. I tried some little brass tubes on a motor somebody wanted
help with. They were a PITA. Thin wall brass tubes are VERY fragile. If
the holes in the head and block don't line up PERFECTLY, the brass tube
gets crushed. I have nothing against roll pins, but if they've already
been knocked down flush, I say just use the Chevy stem seals and don't
mess with it.