Route 50 Rally

Attn Maryland, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware,
and Ohio Digesti:
The Capital Chapter of AROC-USA is planning an overnight excursion to
Parkersburg, WVA May 22-23.  We'll be leaving Frederick, Md Saturday
morning and getting to Parkersburg on the Ohio River by way of Route
50.  This is a fantastic drivers road, full of great twists and turns
through the mountains - every Alfa deserves to be driven over it at
least once!  If you're within striking distance of Frederick or
enroute, I'd like to invite you to join us for the drive.  If you're
in the Ohio River area, I'd like to invite you to join us in
Parkersburg for the rest of the weekend:
I've arranged for overnight accomodations at the restored Victorian
Blennerhassett Hotel (wvweb.com/www/blennerhassett_hotel/index.html).
A sidetrip to Blennerhassett Island in the Ohio River
(www.happykamper.com/scribers/tourism/WV/blenn_island.htm)
is planned for Saturday afternoon after we arrive.  Access to the
island - 18th/19th Century home of Harman Blennerhassett, Aaron Burr's
co-conspirator in his plot to establish an independent nation
(www.compapp.dcu.ie/~humphrys/FamTree/Blennerhassett/harman.temptation.html)
- - is via 19th Century reproduction stearnwheelers.  After visiting the
Island we'll return to the hotel for cocktails and then dinner at
Harman's in the hotel.  This is a very nice restaurant with good food,
an interesting wine list, moderate prices and truly unique service.
Our return trip home on Sunday will be a reverse repeat of Route 50
with an enroute catered picnic lunch in the virgin hemlock forests of
Cathedral State Park.
I've reserved a small block of rooms at the Blennerhassett Hotel
Saturday May 22 at a very special price: $67 per room, double
occupancy, with full breakfast Sunday morning included.  This is a
great deal.  If you are at all interested, please eMail me as I may
need to adjust the number of rooms I've reserved and I need to let the
hotel know that as soon as possible, as they fill up quickly on
weekends.

Ciao,
Megan Caverly
Frederick, MD