Spider problems , exhaust and dash lights

Greetings,
I am having a couple of problems with my 86 Spider , and need the help of
the Digest .

First ,
I am getting alot of exhaust fumes in the pass compartment . It seems to
be mostly at freeway speeds , both with the top up and down . It also
seems that there is more when the defrost is on ( both controls up vs.
both down ) . I've checked for leaks with my hand on a cold pipe and
can't find anything .  Where is the intake for the compartment air ?
Another note , the car has an Ansa rear section with two pipes angling up
, and they end about 1" short of the end of the bumper . I am missing the
most forward stud on the exhaust man.,  but does not appear to be leaking
there .

Second ,
The dash lights have an intermittent problem , where , usually on
start-up; the dash lights don't work , the guages give wrong readings ,
idiot lights glow dimly , and now just recently , the tach needle is very
erratic. After a while ( 2- 10 minutes ) they decide to work , although
the tach is still erratic . I've found and cleaned the ground connection
near the hood release, but can't seem to find any others ( where are G54a
&G54b, as in the fact manual ) .

I just remembered something else , how do I repair a couple of small
cracks in both the vinyl top and rear window ?

TIA

 Don Coulter
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]